Codes of Conduct
We have a couple of common sense codes of conduct.
Wellington Warlords Policy Regarding Standards of Behaviour
The Wellington Warlords wish to encourage the wargaming hobby and present itself as a friendly and attractive place to play.
The policies and guidelines have been drawn up to set out the expectations and responsibilities of both the Club and individual members. These principles around behaviour and conduct apply to all Club members and are there for the protection of all.
Standards of Behaviour
- Club members and visiting non-members will at all times adhere to the following standards of behaviour:
- There will be no verbal or physical abuse of any other member or visiting non-member.
- There will be no discrimination of any kind by any member or visiting non-member towards any other person at the club meetings.
- This includes but is not limited to discrimination on grounds of ethnic origin, gender, age, mental/physical ability or political/religious belief.
- Given that the Warlords are a community group comprising members of different ages, beliefs and sensitivities, offensive language and images will not be tolerated.
- The Wellington Warlords are a wargaming club. All members will conduct themselves with that in mind. Any activities that impinge on the health, safety and enjoyment of other members are unacceptable.
- The consumption of alcohol and/or cigarettes within the Club premises is strictly prohibited.
There is no distinction between members on the basis of age. These standards of conduct apply to all members and acceptance is implicit in Club membership.
Supervision of Junior Members Policy
It is a legal requirement that persons under the age of fourteen (14) years are supervised at all times. This means that no member under fourteen years old may be present at the Club without a supervising adult. For the purposes of this policy the Club recognises an adult as a person 18 years or older.
The parent(s)/guardian/caregiver of the Junior member or visiting non-member will be responsible for ensuring that this requirement is complied with.
At the time of joining and at each subscription renewal, the parent(s)/guardian/caregiver of any member or prospective member under the age of fourteen will be required to sign an acknowledgement form (attached) which will require that:
- They recognise that the supervision of any member under the age of fourteen years is the responsibility of the parent(s)/guardian/caregiver.
- The Warlords, either as a Club or as individual members, do not accept any explicit responsibility for unsupervised members or visiting non-members under the age of fourteen (14) years.
- Unless the parent(s)/guardian/caregiver has explicitly arranged supervision of a member under fourteen years with a Warlords member over the age of eighteen years, they are required to remain on the premises and supervise their child. (This supervising adult must make themselves known to the duty member)
- In the event that alternative supervision (as above) is arranged, full contact details for the parent(s)/guardian/caregiver are to be left with the supervising adult.